Thanks to Mark from PanIQ Entertainment for taking the time to answer some of our questions – while PanIQ Room was unable to set up an escape room in Canada, they’re continuing on with their American expansion of setting up new escape rooms with another facility opening soon.
What’s involved in a normal day working at an escape room?
– For a team member there are the regular tasks: game mastering, handling customer requests (such as booking, changes in booking), mentoring the games and setting up the rooms after the games.
– Manager tasks include setting up weekly rota/schedule, game mastering, helping out team members in customer related issues and making sure that all things are running smoothly on a daily basis (in case of a broken puzzle or item, they need to have it fixed or take any other necessary action).
What’s the best or worst part of working for an escape room?
– The best part is what our team members tell us – the flexibility, since we have reduced the number of office hours, that the members are required to be at the escape room – only when a game is booked. We don’t have a high fluctuation number, so we do believe it is a good place to work. 🙂
What are some of the most common mistakes you see people performing while playing an escape room?
– Some people are impatient at times and are not willing to use their minds, although we have tried to make our game plots more mainstream, so most of our guests have good memories when leaving our rooms. We have a high escape rate (around 60-70%).
Where do you see the escape room industry heading?
– The industry in the US still has a lot to grow. What we tend to see, is that people are more into the fancy games and items (eg. led lights, there are moving parts in the item, sort of a toy like item) rather than a hard and complicated quiz or maze. We also see that certain themes are from popular topics, which were inspired by prime time tv series and people tend to look out for them.
Price: $119 – $189 USD, depending on day and time. Usually 2 to 6 players.
Address: Various locations – San Francisco, Hollywood, San Diego, Miami – USA
Tagged: adventure, entertainment, Escape Game, escape room, escape room industry, escape rooms, escape the room, events, exit game, flexibility, fun, fun escapes, games, high escape rate, http://paniqentertainment.com/, led lights, live escape, mainstream, manager, maze, memory, mind, moving parts, news, normal day, panIQ entertainment, panIQ room, popular topics, quiz, Real Escape Game, real life room escape, room escape, Room Escape Game, team member, team members, the escape room, toy, travel, tv, unique, usa